One of our most popular programs. Enables companies to perform their own in-house OSHA & ASME mobile crane inspections and provide the documentation to meet OSHA and ASME requirements and limit liability exposure.
Interested in having this program held at your facility? Click here for an On-Site Training Proposal.
- Inspector Testing & Certification – $295
For later scheduled dates click here.
We have arranged for training program participants to receive discounted room rates. When making room reservations, please identify yourself as a Crane Institute of America seminar attendee.
- Telescoping Boom Cranes
- Lattice Boom Cranes
- Boom Trucks
- Articulating Boom (Knuckle Boom) Cranes
- Industrial Cranes (Carry Decks)
- Types, components and terminology
- Inspector’s role in reducing crane accidents and liability
- Setting up an inspection program
- OSHA and ASME inspection requirements
- The three levels of inspection
- Inspection procedures and techniques
- Recognizing deficiencies and safety hazards
- Correct way to write inspection reports
- How to inspect structural components, sheaves, blocks, hooks, operating mechanisms, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems, hydraulic cylinders, wire rope, operational aids and safety devices
- Emphasis is placed on the structural, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and safety/liability areas of inspection
- Performing load tests
Inspector Certification Requirements
- Complete a Crane Institute of America Mobile Crane Inspector training program.
- Pass a written examination.
- Have three (3) years experience working in a capacity of operation, maintenance, repair, inspection, safety or supervision with telescoping and/or lattice boom cranes.
A trainee certification is available for personnel who do not meet inspector experience requirements.