One of our most popular programs. Enables companies to perform their own in-house OSHA & ASME crane inspections and provide the documentation to meet OSHA and ASME requirements and limit liability exposure.
Interested in having this program held at your facility? Contact email@example.com for a free cost proposal.
- Inspector Testing & Certification – $295
For later scheduled dates click here.
We have arranged for training program participants to receive discounted room rates. When making room reservations, please identify yourself as a Crane Institute of America seminar attendee.
- Telescoping Boom Cranes
- Lattice Boom Cranes
- Boom Trucks
- Articulating Boom (Knuckle Boom) Cranes
- Industrial Cranes (Carry Decks)
- Types, components and terminology
- Inspector’s role in reducing crane accidents and liability
- Setting up an inspection program
- OSHA and ASME inspection requirements
- The three levels of inspection
- Inspection procedures and techniques
- Recognizing deficiencies and safety hazards
- Correct way to write inspection reports
- How to inspect structural components, sheaves, blocks, hooks, operating mechanisms, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems, hydraulic cylinders, wire rope, operational aids and safety devices
- Emphasis is placed on the structural, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and safety/liability areas of inspection
- Performing load tests
Inspector Certification Requirements
- Complete a Crane Institute of America Mobile Crane Inspector training program.
- Pass a written examination.
- Have three (3) years experience working in a capacity of operation, maintenance, repair, inspection, safety or supervision with telescoping and/or lattice boom cranes.
A trainee certification is available for personnel who do not meet inspector experience requirements.