Rigging Equipment Inspector & Certification, Hands-On
Topics Covered | Certificate Requirements | You Will Receive | Orlando Hotel Information
Price: 2 Days – $595
Inspector Certification $295
Participants will learn how to inspect all types of rigging equipment in accordance with OSHA and ASME requirements. Inspector certification will ensure that the inspector is competent and qualified.
You Will Learn
- OSHA and ASME standards
- Identifying individual components
- The role of inspectors in reducing crane and rigging accidents and liability exposure.
- The correct way to write inspection reports
- How to recognize immediate and potential hazards
- How to inspect wire rope, slings, rigging, hardware, come-alongs, lifting beams and chain hoists
- How to set up a rigging equipment inspection program
- Hands-on training and more…
Inspector Certificate Requirements
- Complete a Crane Institute of America Rigging Equipment Inspector training program.
- Pass a written examination.
- Have 2 years experience working in a capacity of operation, maintenance, repair, inspection, safety or supervision with rigging.
A trainee certification is available for personnel who do not meet inspector experience requirements.
You Will Receive
- Rigging Equipment Inspector workbook
- Rigging handbook
- Periodic/annual inspection forms for wire rope, chain slings, chainfalls and come-alongs
- Rigger’s capacity card
- Sheave gauge
- Inspection certificate decal
- Safety decals
- Certificate of training
- Certification card, if applicable
Locations & Dates
- Orlando/Sanford – June 20-21, 2013
- Orlando/Sanford – August 15-16, 2013
- Orlando/Sanford – October 17-18, 2013
For later scheduled dates, call our office at (800) 832-2726.